About the Project
A mobile evolution
The development and growing popularity of smartphones provided an opportunity to develop the already successful SUBCARD loyalty programme further, with the creation of the first smartphone app for a loyalty programme in New Zealand.
The key objectives were to:
- use the latest technology to improve the value of the SUBCARD programme to make it even easier for customers to be loyal
- capitalise on the expanding smartphone market by developing an improved SUBWAY Mobile App
- increase the value of mobile orders in the first six months to validate the investment made
- complement the existing segmentation strategy largely delivered via email.
For the first six months from launch, the total value of mobile orders saw an increase of more than 100% over the previous six months. Also:
- the total number of mobile orders placed in the first six months more than doubled
- more than 10% of orders have been placed from activated SUBCARD holders
- the value of engaged, registered SUBCARD holders is 3x higher than non-registered SUBCARD holders.